Monday, June 24, 2013

Mundane Mondays

Nothing too exciting happens on Mondays for me anymore. It just seems to be the day to catch up after the weekend, and since I was gone this weekend, it's nice to be able to sit here and catch up.


I've been here for 4 months now and I still have yet to unpack my coffee pot, which as most of the world knows, is probably the first thing that should be unpacked after moving! So instead of my morning coffee lately it's been whatever is cold in the  fridge - so water. I need to go shopping and maybe get some coffee and some cream, because of course you can't have coffee without a really amazing cream.

So, I'm sitting here, drinking water, and going through some of my photos I took from this weekend at the zoo. We headed down to the cities this weekend to spend my husbands birthday weekend with his family. Since the weather wasn't the greatest for fishing we decided to hit up the Minnesota Zoo. I've been there a few times and now and I've never seen the animals up and so active - except the bears of course. They still dig the holes and take a nap just about every time I've seen them. But they're still incredibly cute and even despite their massive paws (and claws!) I still think it'd be fun to cuddle up with them. Maybe while they're sedated, heavily, more like knocked out...



The coyotes were up and racing around though. I felt like the one was just checking the fences to make sure they were secure, and then posing for pictures. The wolves were up and about as well. I've always witnessed them during nap time - so when they were right up next to the glass it was breathtaking! They are far larger then I remember and just beautiful.





It's always fun to walk around the zoo, and it's even more fun when I actually remember to bring my camera!





No comments:

Post a Comment