Monday, February 4, 2013

Walking To Catch Up

After making a few life changing decisions, I've decided to go after what I want - seriously this time. I have toyed with the idea of freelancing for a living, but I've never had the guts to jump in and get things moving. After a few changes happened over the last year, I've decided there's no better time then now. Granted I am getting married in a few weeks so that's a bit of a stressful endeavor, but with all the support and the small jobs constantly flowing in, I feel it's what I should be doing.

So welcome to my crazy world.

I graduated with a B.S. in Graphic Communications with an emphasis on digital design and prepress but I did love to multimedia classes as well. I was offered a graphic design position straight out of college, which was amazing to be able to start a full time career 2 weeks after graduation. After working with the company for a few years I fell in love online branding and having a social presence for our company. I decided to go back to school and I received my Masters in Internet Marketing. I focused mainly on online branding and social presence and the PR that goes along with it. With all the knowledge I had consumed (finishing a Masters in just over a year) I moved over to the online side of the business. Granted I'm not a web developer - the coding goes way beyond my comprehension - but I love the design aspect and instant gratification from seeing your work immediately out there in the open - Although sometimes absolutely terrifying at the same time! Granted only a handful of people know it was me behind anything, it's fun to see what kind of ripple you can create in the design and advertising world.

I'm going on 6 years at this company and they've given me so much to learn from and grown on. From being hands on and wrapping vehicles, building signs to updating a Facebook page, it's definitely been a journey. I can only hope it continues as I start to build my own path and move forward in life.

So now that you know a little about me, I hope you'll take some time to look around and contact me if there's anything I can do for you or your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment